About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

"Norway in a Nutshell " and The Hot Dog Miracle

Friday September 14, 2007

After finally getting checked into my hostel in Voss, I was looking for a sign of better things to come. I went to the local market to buy sandwich meat for the next few days and that is when it happened. Right in front of me was a package of 10 hot dog wieners and 10 hot dog buns. That's right, an even number of both. Not sure if this would make the pope's list of miracles but it is certainly something that I have neither seen or heard of in my lifetime. lol This was the sign I was waiting for and I quickly purchased them.

The next day was overcast but had great visibility so I went on the "Norway In A Nutshell" tour. It started with a bus ride down the mountains on hairpin turns, then on a two hour ferry ride through the most beautiful fjords in Norway and then finished by train on the famous Flam Railroad. When we arrived at the town of Myrdal , high in mountain, it started to snow very hard. Overall, it was everything that I came to Norway to do. Trekking through the mountains would be nice but all the hostels in the mountains closed in August much to my dismay.

Sunday I take the train back to Oslo and Monday I fly back to Dublin 12 days earlier than planned. The fact that trekking is not possible and Norway is the most expensive country in Europe made going back to Dublin early an easy decision.














































































































































No comments: